Childcare Design & Consenting
At Lifestyle, we’ve carefully developed a specialist niche in Childcare sector. We are one of New Zealand's leading childcare centre specialists, with hundreds of centres completed and licenced. We most likely design more childcare centres than any other architectural company in New Zealand.
We enjoy an excellent reputation for our childcare designs. You’ll find they’re thoughtful and considered because when your end user is a demanding 3-year-old, you’ve got to get it right.
We manage the projects from inception through to building consent and even site observation if required. There are no hidden fees in our projects and at all stages we have a fixed fee offering starting with feasibility, design and resource consent plans, building consent plans (including any council queries).
We use all the top specialists for our projects and our planners have both been team leaders at Auckland Council. Their experience of council processes and personal is invaluable to our team and success.
For your next ECE project please consider the LifeStyle team as your partner of choice.
What is the process from design through to opening day ?
1. Site discovery / Feasibility / Council preapp (We assist with this)
2. Developing a design through to resource consent (That’s our job to)
3. Engaging with specialists for your resource consent application (We do that for you)
4. Complete building consent plans and engineering (We also complete this for you)
5. Lodge building consent and liaise with council (We do that for you)
6. Select a builder and organise a build contract (We can assist if required)
7. Liaise with the team at childcare hub for all your resources and MOE licensing
8. Send out the invites for opening day, enjoy the day
It’s an easy process if you break it down and trust the professionals.
For the Childcare Centre Owner, Developer or Investor, Lifestyle can take care of everything, including:
Feasibility assessments to help find a suitable site
Project management of the resource consent process
Full architectural design and developed resource consent plans
Ministry of Education liaison
Building consent plans
Council liaison during building consent stage
Site observation during construction